October 15, 2019
Pros and Cons of UV Tattoos
There’s a new trend among the tattoo world and it’s really cool – UV Tattoos! The UV tattoos use a special type of ink where it might invincible to the naked eye but looks awesome under a black light.
These tattoos are most popular for rave party goers and those who work regularly with black lights. Being so new there is little information so we have to ask, are they safe to get? Let’s discuss the pros and cons regarding UV tattoos to see if it’s a good choice for your next ink.
- UV Tattoos are nearly invisible – they are ideal for those who hold a profession where tattoos need to be limited, hidden, or for those who like to keep their tattoos hidden.
- They are attractive and cool to look at.
- It gives your ink a creative twist, compared to a regular tat.
- These tattoos allow for more creativity.
- UV tattoos are unique and will surely make you stand out from the crowd.
- Unless you are planning to carry a black light around, it will not be seen.
- UV tattoos take longer to heal and are normally more expensive.
- Due to its recent discovery, it makes it hard to find a tattoo artist who is willing to do it. There are not many artists who have the experience, knowledge and proper tools which will limit the availability of tattoo shops you can visit.
- The ink that is used is thinner than regular tattoo ink which makes it hard to see; this can lead to the artist scarring your skin and damaging the tattoo before it is even finished.
- UV tattoos require a touch up more frequently as they fade quicker than traditional tattoos.
- During the healing process, the tattoo may look like a scar until it fully heals which can take up to 12 months.
- There is no knowledge on long term effects as this tattoo ink is new.
- There are more reported allergic reactions than regular tattoos.
Unlike traditional tattoos, UV ink has not been around for enough time to determine the long term side effects. Although they are really cool and they add that pop you may be looking for, they may not be all of what you expect.
Tattoos are permanent investments. It is important to care for your new ink and provide the nourishment it needs. Vegan organic products not only avoid using harsh chemicals but are also good for the environment, your health and prevent cruelty to animals.
No matter the design you choose, at Nat-A-Tat2 we are committed to making sure your ink and skin are well cared for as your tattoo heals to ensure it looks good for years to come. Our tattoo care instructions can help you ensure an optimal tattoo healing process, and our tattoo aftercare products are all-natural, 100% USDA certified organic and vegan so you can feel confident and comfortable with what you’re putting on your skin.Back..